skip to content

Driving in the EU after Brexit: How will your insurance policy be affected?

In the event that the UK leaves the EU with no deal in place, UK drivers taking their vehicles to the EU, EEA, Switzerland, Andorra or Serbia may need a motor insurance Green Card.

If you are planning on driving your vehicle in the EU, EEA, Switzerland, Andorra or Serbia from 29th March 2019 (or you are travelling prior to this date and will not be returning to the UK before 29th March 2019), you should contact your insurance company as soon as possible.

In the instance that you will need a Green Card, one will be issued to you to ensure continued coverage for your vehicle from 29th March 2019.

EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
EEA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

Posted in General News on the 8th March 2019 at 2:42pm.

Tags: Brexit, insurance